CALL FOR PAPERS
The Organizing and Programme Committee of the MODELACT Conference on Language, Action and Cognition invites submissions for both talk and poster contributions. Abstracts should be written in English (recommended) or Italian, and should not exceed 1000 words including title, main text and references.
Please send your proposals as anonymous documents in txt, doc, or pdf format, attached to an email containing your personal information (name, surname, and affiliation), specifying the main topics of interest (maximum 2 topics; see the list below) and if your proposal is intended as an oral or as a poster presentation (the programme committee reserves the right to change the type of the presentation).
Publication of the accepted papers is planned after the conference.
The attendance to the Conference is free of charge, but participants are limited in number (registration required). Please send a registration confirmation to the email address specified below.
For submissions, registrations, and information about the conference, please write to:
Abstract submission: March 25th, 2016
Communication of acceptance: April 11th, 2016
Abstract submission: February 29th, 2016
Communication of acceptance: March 20th, 2016
TOPICS OF INTEREST
- Semantics of action
- Action categorization in language and cognition
- Action verbs in multilingualism and translation
- Language typology and action verb lexical encoding
- Acquisition of action-related lexicon in spoken and sign languages
- Representation of action in sign languages
- Embodied / grounded cognition of action
- Action and language in the brain
- Action processing and motor representation
- Action verbs and natural language processing
- Automatic processing of visual and linguistic information related to action
- Linguistic and visual bases of knowledge for the representation of action
- Action recognition and motor skills in artificial systems
- Tools, affordances, and gestures in language and cognition
- Action and motion verbs in figurative language
- Abstract concepts representation
- Actions and tools in novel concept formation
MODELACT Conference on Action, Language and Cognition
2016, June 6-7